For the busy bella that does it all. Creating, playing, working, cooking, dating (?), laughing, loving, and perhaps raising a kid in L.A...

Thursday, September 27, 2012

PROJECT: KIDDO BUCKET LIST

Latest project my daughter and I are working on is the creation of a child bucket list. We are creating a list of 100 things to do before she is no longer a child. For when she no longer wishes to hang out with me and even worse, for when she gets to that age where she pretends she doesn't know me. When she makes me drop her off a BLOCK AWAY because I am not cool enough, or for when seeing the latest Pixar movie isn't on the top of her weekend to do list. Oh the horror.... Maybe she wont be as much of a nightmare teen as I was but I am getting prepared just in case. So here we are creating a Kiddo Bucket List. 

One of the things that made the list (against my will) is to go camping. I have NEVER understood why people camp. It seems like self induced torture. I know. I have heard how nice it is to be surrounded by nature, to see the stars up above as you fall asleep to the silence of the world. But see, here is my version of camping: Hard ground, nature? I can see squirrels outside my window- and the ones that live by my house are total bullies. (Proof Picture Below). And what about the bugs crawling on you while you sleep, and silence? I would hear a rustle and have a heart attack  BECAUSE we are OUTSIDE. What could be rustling!? And most importantly where do you PEE? However, if camping is what she wants, camping is what she shall receive. I will be tweaking and adjusting this little camping trip to us doing a GLAMping trip- she wont know :)Once details are ironed out I will do a full on post on my GLAMping prep/locations.

Squirrel Bully Pic

*Glamping: To camp with an actual bed. With perhaps a bug proof tee pee, electricity, and maybe even your own clean potty to pee in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment