For the busy bella that does it all. Creating, playing, working, cooking, dating (?), laughing, loving, and perhaps raising a kid in L.A...

Friday, September 28, 2012

Foundation: Conceal My Sun Tanning Past

Make-Upholic. Cant live without it. 

Always have been a makeup lover. Always will be. I spent time at MUDD Make-up school in Burbank, LA. While I ended up not pursuing a career in make-up artistry it really is one of my many loves. (I just could not do the late/early calls with the low wage it takes to start your career). 

Well now in my 30's I have been forced to not only LOVE makeup, but I really NEED make-up. I am repaying the years I spent tanning and frying my face. One of my daily beauty battles is  masking my uneven skin, those nasty brown splashes that have permanently made their mark on my face. I am still on the hunt for a cream that permanently removes them and will share once its identified -I am convinced I will find one. 

For now, I have found ONE solution. My foundation. Its Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation. Some reviews on this product are great, others not so much. I can only think the people that are not IN LOVE with this either don't need it, or are using it incorrectly. Here are my steps to making those spots vanish (at least for a day). 



DO NOT USE A LOT of the Kat Von D foundation. A tiny amount will go very far- making the cost and amount of uses you get out of this bottle a steal.

1. Prep with BB cream (I use several and have yet to decide my #1 pick)

2.If you use to much, yes it will be thick.  Take a small amount and dab dots on trouble areas. (For me this is mainly the middle of my forehead- smack dab in the middle).

3. Then take a foundation brush and gently blend foundation out until edges vanish. You are almost using this as more of a concealer than anything else. 

4. Optional- Brush translucent powder over to finish. 

I love it. I really do. Later on I will post pre-use and post pics for reference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment