For the busy bella that does it all. Creating, playing, working, cooking, dating (?), laughing, loving, and perhaps raising a kid in L.A...

Friday, September 28, 2012

Just Create

Mejects, Youjects?

Creativity isn't just about creating it is a way of thinking. 

I like to think of myself as being a creative person. A craft lover. I see something and think "I could make that!". Sometimes I try, sometimes I plan on trying...but don't and then forget. And often when I do give it a try and make the coveted item I saw in a boutique, that I was sure I could replicate, it turns out...a bit distorted. Threads hanging down from sides of my re-purposed second hand clothes, uneven hems, glue oozing to the sides of those decoupaged items all over my house...but at least I try? 

I feel like even if your idea isn't the first time its been put into the universe, or the bracelet you made doesn't look it came from Barneys- its uniquely yours. You made it. And that is something to be proud of. And if nothing else, it's really fun. 

My projects. I call them Mejects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment