For the busy bella that does it all. Creating, playing, working, cooking, dating (?), laughing, loving, and perhaps raising a kid in L.A...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fast, Easy and Delicious Taco Dinner

10 Minute Meatless Monday Meal: Thank  you Trader Joe's


Making dinner after work is not something I look forward to. But again, if it's cheaper than going out to eat AND faster than driving to a drive in, or waiting for delivery, and even driving/parking/ordering and waiting for the food- I am in. 

I need to address that while a LOT of my meals are vegetarian- I am not a vegetarian. However, I have found not only are veggie dishes less expensive- they last longer. I am sick of throwing away food I was too tired to make. Or feeling forced into cooking certain things due to an expiration date approaching. So here is my kid friendly, mom friendly, time friendly dish for tonight. 

1. Saute Trader Joe's Beef-less ground beef (I do spray a bit of olive oil on pan so it doesn't stick).
2. This step is optional: I add a table spoon of spaghetti sauce (any kind) and only 2-3 PINCHES of Trader Joes Taco Seasoning. I think because this is NOT real beef it absorbs flavor much more so than regular beef. If you use the suggested half packet it will be VERY spicy. You can turn up the heat by adding more. Over 2 pinches and my 7 year old would not approve. 
3. Heat up taco shells OR even flour/corn tortillas 
4. Add lettuce, cheese, sour cream, avocado- whatever toppings you want. 

DONE. 10 minutes. 

Oh and bonus- Not only does each serving of this beef-less beef have 10 grams of protein, I had some left over and will be throwing that into spaghetti sauce for tomorrows pasta dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment